Monday, September 8, 2008

Highway 818


(FYI, this is just a repost of How The Story Goes from my blog.)
Ok, if the picture didn't paint a thousand words, then let me just tell you how the story goes. I'm gonna keep this short, because most of you already know how most of it has gone. I'm pretty transparent, so you could see this coming. The interest between Cy and I has been apparent for quite some time now, so it was all a matter of timing - God's timing. So after much waiting, praying, seeking counsel, and growing, God has pushed us forward to this next step in our relationship. Continue to keep us in your prayers and pray that God would be magnified, glorified, and reflected in our relationship with one another.

So, how did it all come about? Again, after much counsel and much wisdom especially from our disciplers, like I said, God pushed us forward. I didn't really have anything formal planned. We kind of just played it by ear. A few days earlier, I mentioned to Cy that I hadn't seen Dark Knight (Batman) yet, and neither did she. (Thanks a lot, guys, to those of you who didn't invite us to see it; some friends you are... JUST KIDDING. It's absolutely God's providence.) Anyway, she gets back to me and asks if I'm still going to see it. I told her yes, invited her to go, and she accepted. It's pretty obvious at this point where this is going, because whenever we go out, it's always in a group setting; in this instance, it was just us. So we're on the way to the theater in Vacaville and we planned on stopping at Fenton's for some ice cream beforehand. BTW, the "picture" is from Fenton's, and this is before we even "talked." So we enjoyed our ice cream and then went over to the theater to watch the Dark Knight.

I was joking around with a brother and we were saying that if you thought Dark Knight was the summer blockbuster and the ending was incredible, this ending is even better. I have to say that it was probably the most picture perfect night weather-wise. It was probably midnight and it was warm outside and there was no wind. What a night!

When we were done with the movie, we decided to go out and eat a little because I hadn't had dinner yet. Even though it was pretty late and I would've been content with my ice cream dinner (yes, I've had plenty of those), we decided to go to BJ's, and I was glad to do so. It was at this point where we talked and discussed where we wanted our relationship to go.

Ok, ok... I wasn't super smooth or anything like that. I did have a bit of the nerves trying to say the right words and finding the right time, but it wasn't difficult because it was previous obvious where we both wanted to go. God has allowed us to patiently wait, He's brought us to this point, and He will continue to lead and direct us. If you noticed how I labelled this line of posts, it's "Waiting On God." That's where we've been, and that's where we will continue to be.

Thanks to those who have prayed for us, and again we covet your prayers as we continue to grow and wait on God.

No comments: