Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Blessing

To add to "Just The Beginning," God (using His means) really convicted me in wanting to make sure that everything was ok with Cyryl's parents. Even though I expressed to them on day one that the purpose of me and Cy dating was to get married, it was a bit of a shocker to them that we were engaged. I jumped the gun a little in not telling her dad specifically when I was going to ask and also in making certain that I had his blessing in this. Culturally (and biblically too, in numerous old testament examples) it would have been more proper for me to have talked to him first. He is, after all, giving me his daughter in marriage. To make a long story short, I sat down and talked with him yesterday and asked for his forgiveness if I had offended him in any way. God was very gracious to me. Both her parents were not at all offended. We talked a few more minutes about some of the logistics of the wedding, and then we left with smiles on our faces. They truly are happy for us and have given us their blessing. Phew! Praise God, again, for His grace and for showing mercy to me.

1 comment:

Acy said...

Congratulations!!! We're so happy for you both!
Love that ring!

-jennie