Thursday, September 18, 2008
Etiquette
Who knew that there was so much etiquette in writing an invitation? Mr, Mrs, Miss, Ms; references to parents; writing out the dates, times, street names; RSVPs; details; etc. Here's a big one, how do you ask for gifts? and is it ok to ask for cash as gifts? As most of you know, I already have a house and most of the stuff that goes along with it - appliances, dinnerware, decorations, etc. I know that gifts aren't required at a wedding, and I, by no means, am asking people to get us stuff. But if people do decide to get us something, cash or gift cards would probably be preferable, because there's hardly anything that we really, really need. Whatever we get will probably be used in helping paying for our honeymoon as well as for our every day needs at our usual stores (Costco, Wal-Mart, Target, Home Depot, etc). Have I broken etiquette by even mentioning this on our blog? Probably, but oh well. (Do you like how I plugged in all of our favorite stores? More broken etiquette, I'm sure.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You guys should at least register for some things...like a china set. Every woman needs a set of nice china. At least, that's what I hear. What would I know?
But you know, fine china is for single women too.
hey, i like that book!
Hmm...you're right. Too bad there's no such thing as a "spinsterhood registry" like there are bridal registries. HAHA!
Hi Nels,
Congrats to you and Cy. There is a new trend of gift giving you can look into, where guests can now help "gift" couples for their trip. Pay for an excursion, a fancy meal,accomodations, etc. There is a website that offers this service. I'm sure google can point you in the right direction...
Thanks for the congrats and the "honeymoon" suggestion. I have seen some sites like this. Most of them come with some sort of fee - whether it's to the couple or to the giver. We'll have to see if it's worth it.
Nelz,
Walt & Kristine did something like what Haar suggested. They had a honeymoon registry. Maybe you can talk to them and see how they did it.
You can always register for gift cards. Just a thought.
Post a Comment