Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Poll: Let the Music Play

I have a good sized collection of music, and as the years have gone by, I'd listen to some songs and say, "Hey, that would be a good song for a wedding." Then I'd listen to more music, find some other songs, but forget to write them down. So, I thought I'd start a poll and take suggestions on songs that you think would be good for a wedding. They could be songs of various types - songs for a first dance, background dinner music, songs to play while you're dancing-dancing, songs to play during the ceremony, congregational songs to sing in the ceremony, etc. What do you guys think? Suggestions, please.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Social dance are always good.

Nelly Gee said...

Definitely have to have some of that. Swing, cha-cha, salsa, tango, etc. There'll be a good mix of stuff. And then of course you'll have the hip-hop, crunk, and hyphy... haha... something for everybody.

Eileen said...

How about "At Last" by Etta James (the Beyonce version), or "All in His Own Sweet Time" (forgot the artist)?

Nelly Gee said...

"At Last" has always been one of my favorites. (I'm sure when people heard of our engagement, they said "at last" too.) I'll have to take a listen to the Beyonce version and maybe some other versions. I'll look up the other song as well. Thanks for the suggestion.